Sunday, January 23, 2011

SAN FRANCISCO, FERRY BUILDING MARKET PLACE

FERRY BUILDING MARKET PLACE

On my recent trip to San Francisco, outside of the reason I was there, I focused on food trends and what a great time I had with that.  Ferry Building Market Place reflected the culinary trends that are hot and happening.  As I’m watching what I eat, I refrained from indulging however it was really tempting to stray.

The farm to table representation was noticeable in many concepts, so was sustainability.  In fact,  as you will seehere there is a section focused on just that with a Farmers Market three times a week.  Farm Fresh To You is a store devoted to selling farm fresh products daily.   Far West Fungi caught my attention with a $250.00 an ounce White Truffle; that was impressive to see.

Mariposa Baking Co offers Gluten, Wheat and Dairy Free products which also falls in line the food trends and their products were pretty tempting.  If I wasn’t traveling by plane, I would have bought some as finding dairy free bake goods is challenging.

Il Cane Rosso was  very popular as well and interesting marketing twist, they were advertising a prix fixe “3 Course Supper nightly.  Simple, clean and in line with trends and what;s interesting about their website is they share they are proudly powered by WordPress. Very cool.

Another thing I liked about my visit was the waste receptacles; trash, compose and recycling.  Awesome.  Over all, great place to hang out while visiting San Francisco and I bet on a nice summer day it’s a great area to just relax and enjoy the view.

Pictures to follow, as soon as I figure out how pull them off the Droid.  :)  Got to love technology.

Madonna Kash

Restaurant Marketing Partners/ FoodService Geeks

Restaurantmarketingpartners.com
madonna@restaurantmarketingpartners.com
@restaurantmkt
voice    602.492.8419
mobile 602.692.1135

No comments:

Post a Comment